Checkers Bistro is seeking a Server to be a part of the team that brings to life this renowned Lancaster City dining experience. A Server at Checkers Bistro excels at applying empathy to every guest they care for so they may create and maintain our guest’s loyalty, while respecting their teammates. A Checkers Bistro Server is an expert at welcoming our guests with warmth, enthusiasm, and grace in this fast-paced, multi-faceted, neighborhood restaurant. This position actively embodies, inspires and elevates Checkers Bistro’s Team Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Integrity.
Service periods will include Brunch and Dinner
- Maintain an understanding of the proper steps of service required of all FOH service positions
- Maintain mental athleticism for coordination with table pacing and section maintenance, in conjunction with support personnel
- Strong communication and listening skills to effectively deliver accurate messaging to both guests and teammates
- Have a base knowledge and understanding of classic cookery, wine, beer, and cocktails
- Maintain comprehensive menu and beverage knowledge as menus evolve
- Have a general knowledge and understanding of Department of Health (DOH) food safety standards
- Derive pleasure from providing hospitality
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Excellent emotional self awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence.
- Curious intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality
- Experience working in a full service restaurant
- Experience in a front of house server position, preferred
- A culinary and/or beverage certificate/degree, preferred
Checkers Bistro provides:
- A competitive starting wage, with opportunities for increases
- Opportunities for career growth
Join the Checkers Bistro Team today and grow with us!
Comments are closed.