Checkers Bistro is seeking a Line Cook to be a part of the team that brings to life this renowned Lancaster City dining experience. A Line Cook at Checkers Bistro excels at cooking in this fast-paced, dynamic restaurant, while executing each dish’s design with excellence. This position actively embodies, inspires and elevates Checkers Team Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Integrity.
Service periods will include Brunch and Dinner.
- Ability to execute and maintain the preparations, recipes and service of the assigned station
- Have a knowledge base and experience in classic cooking techniques including, roasting, grilling, baking, frying, sautéing, braising, and garde manger
- Demonstrate proper knife-skills and work space tidiness in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain mental athleticism and coordination with other stations for proper timing of service
- Strong communication skills to convey needs and complete each order in a professional manner
- Maintain and ensure proper plate presentation and cleanliness for each dish
- Stay up to date on menu changes for all Brunch, Dinner and Dessert
- Have knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) standards
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Excellent emotional self awareness under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
- A high level of product and ingredient knowledge specific to Checkers Bistro
- Confidence in effectively communicating any inconsistencies to Sous Chefs and teammates
- Experience with or desire to learn fresh food production
- Experience in a position responsible for preparing and cooking plated food
- A culinary education resulting in a degree/certificate, preferred
Checkers Bistro provides:
- A competitive starting wage, with opportunities for increases
- Opportunities for career growth
Join the Checkers Bistro Team and grow with us!
|Job Category||LINE COOK|
Comments are closed.