Checkers Bistro is seeking a Host to be a part of the team that brings to life this renowned Lancaster City dining experience. A Host at Checkers Bistro excels at applying empathy to every guest they care for so they may create and maintain our guest’s loyalty, while respecting their teammates. A Checkers Bistro Host is an expert at welcoming our guests with warmth, enthusiasm, and grace in this fast-paced, multi-faceted, neighborhood restaurant. This position actively embodies, inspires and elevates Checkers Bistro’s Team Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Integrity.
Service periods will include Brunch, and Dinner
- Maintain an understanding of the proper table numbers, seat positions, and flow of service required of all FOH positions
- Maintain mental athleticism for coordination with the FOH Manager and management team to gracefully show guests to their tables in an accurate manner
- Strong communication and listening skills to effectively deliver accurate messaging to both guests and teammates
- Have a desire to build a base knowledge and understanding of classic cookery, wine, beer, and cocktails
- Maintain accurate knowledge on hours of operation, relevant service and facility information, and upcoming events at the restaurant
- Have a general knowledge and understanding of Department of Health (DOH) food safety standards
- Derive pleasure from providing hospitality
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Excellent emotional self awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence
- Curious intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality
- Experience with a full service restaurant
- Open Table experience, prefered
- The ability to make connections with guests and create raves through those connections
Checkers Bistro provides:
- A competitive starting wage, with opportunities for increases
- Opportunities for career growth
Join the Checkers Bistro Team today and grow with us!
Comments are closed.